Sunday, September 7, 2014

Famous Last Words Week 3

So this past week has been quite exciting and eventful - well at least from Friday to today has been! On Friday morning I received a call from Campbell University School of Osteopathic Medicine inviting me to an interview! For those of you who are not going the medical route, this is HUGE news! Campbell is one of my top choices because of their dedication to community service and mission trips, so I am beyond excited that they are considering me as a possible future student at their school! Later that same day, I was able to share my news with some pretty incredible friends at the Second Wind potluck dinner for all of Second Wind's baristas and student group members to come together for the first time since last semester to share delicious food, catch up with old friends, and meet excited new faces. It turned into a very enjoyable evening of Apples to Apples and Mario Cart on the Wii. It's amazing to be a part of such a family-like group in college and I am so thankful for the relationships that I have made during my time there. If any of you are looking for a great place to find a delicious cup of coffee, a place to study, or some exciting new friends to meet, you should certainly check out Second Wind Coffee House on campus corner! Back to the medical school application process, yesterday I received a letter from Midwestern University College of Osteopathic Medicine telling me that my application is currently in the running for obtaining a possible interview at that school! Man, growing up is exciting, stressful, and terrifying all at once! Getting closer to my dream is both incredible and nerve wracking, but I trust that God has a beautiful path planned for me and I am ready to follow it!

(Bountiful Potluck Yummies: Web Source: Wikipedia)

9 comments:

  1. Jordan, I don't always comment on the blog posts, but I just had to say I am SO EXCITED for you!!!! Very best wishes for the interview!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I am beyond excited for it!

      Delete
  2. Oh, Jordan, that just sounds so fantastic and exciting. Looks like God is really smiling on you right now. I'm a 37-year-old single mom and am this close to obtaining my Bachelor's in Sociology-Criminology and then it's on (hopefully) to grad school. I love to hear all of the 20-somethings around campus so excited about their futures and elated to being so close to completing a goal. Even though I don't know you and will probably never meet you face to face, I'm so excited for you. I'm sure your interview will go amazingly well and you'll get to attend the school of your choice. I wish you the best of luck. Remember to be calm, relax, and be yourself and there's no possible way they could turn you down!!! KEEP KICKING BUTT!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your interview at Campbell! I can definitely relate, since I am currently in the process of applying to Physical Therapy schools. I cannot imagine your excitement, I hope that they accept you! I have been meaning to check out Second Wind being the coffee addict that I am! Good luck with the rest of your application process and yes growing up is exciting, stressful, and challenging all at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It’s been a while since this happened, but THAT IS AWESOME NEWS JORDAN!! I remember when I studying as a Pre-Medicine student, I was very intrigued by Osteopathic Medicine. However, the tides have turned and I am just studying Chemical Engineering. Anyway, I really hope everything went well for you in your interview!

    I also know the importance of having a family-like organization during college. They just make college so much more enjoyable and a little less stressful. OU has such a great student life that there are so many options to find your “home”. I found my in my sorority, Phi Delta Alpha, and I don’t know where I would be without them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jordan,

    I don't know much about the medical field but getting a call for an interview for anything is SO EXCITING! I know this post is from a few weeks ago so I hope that the interview went well. You are so right in saying that growing up is such an exciting and crazy time. I feel like all of my friends are off getting jobs, getting engaged, and growing up!

    Good luck with your hunt for Osteopathic Medicine search! I wish you the best.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! It sounds like life has been crazy busy but also very exciting! I can imagine how excited you are to get that news about your interview and congratulations! I have some friends that have just gotten in to various programs in the last few months and they are overjoyed! Where are you wanting to do more mission work at?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jordan,

    That is such fantastic news that you have an interview at one of your top schools! I know this post was a while ago. So if you've already had your interview, I hope the selection process has continued to go well for you. It's awesome to hear you talk about the Second Wind family in such a loving way. I've been in there several times for Sooners Against Sweatshops meetings, and I definitely love the atmosphere. I can see how it would be easy to make great friendships there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jordan,
    Congrats on the news on those graduate schools, applying and waiting on their reply is definitely stressful business. Also, I am glad you have a strong friend group in college, it makes college so much easier with that kind of support. And I'll have to check out Second Wind sometime, I've been in there once to watch a friend play a music set but it wasn't during regular hours.

    ReplyDelete