Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Week 1; My Favorite Place is Scotland

The Mountains of Scotland, The summer between my junior and senior year of high school, I participated in a program called People to People where I was able to go to England, Ireland, Scotland, and Whales all in one trip. Although each of those countries were beautiful, the landscape and culture of Scotland stole my heart. I'm sure you will agree with me that the picture below captures a piece of Scotland's magnificent mountain side!
                                                 
                                             (Cuillin Mountains of Scotland: Wikimedia Commons)


1 comment:

  1. This Scottish connection is exciting, Jordan - because Celtic folklore in general, and the folklore of Scotland in particular, is such a great subject, and there is a two-week module on the British Isles coming up later in the semester. Maybe you will even want to do a project about Scotland! You can find a TON of wonderful Celtic story collections online here if you are curious:
    Sacred Texts: Celtic
    You will probably find references in the stories to many of the places you visited!

    ReplyDelete