Sunday, October 12, 2014

Famous Last Words: Week 8

So since my last famous last words post was about my medical school interview with North Carolina, I thought that I would follow that up this week with some information about how it actually went! First off, the interview was this past Tuesday and I flew out to the school on Monday. When I went to Will Rogers Airport in Oklahoma City to prepare for my 1:10p.m. departure, I was completely unaware of the chaos that was coming. After three changed flight times, my first flight of the day was almost four hours delayed as I finally left for my layover in Dallas at 5:00 p.m.. When I arrived in Dallas, I rushed to my next gate only to have the door closed in my face and a airline worked tell me that I was a minute too late. So, I was placed on the next flight of the day scheduled to leave at 8:20 p.m.. Of course that would be to easy for that one to work out too. Naturally, that flight was also delayed until 10:00 p.m. causing me to lose the rental car that I had booked weeks in advance. Awesome right? I finally arrived in North Carolina at 1:30 in the morning, exhausted and without a way of transporting myself to my hotel that was an hour away. So I sat on my phone for the following thirty minutes desperately trying to find ANY rental car business that was still open this late - or early. Luckily, Alamo was still open and got me into a car quickly and painlessly, which was very uplifting after such a stressful day. By 2:45 a.m. I finally arrived at my hotel just in time to get three short hours of restless sleep before having to wake up for my interview that started at 7 a.m.! The school was beautiful and the staff and students were incredibly kind and welcoming, but by 2 p.m. when the interview was finally finishing up, I was ready to fall asleep right there in the middle of campus. Unfortunately, my flight home was almost immediately after the interview and I still had a car to return! After running through the airport barefoot and in a suit with my heels dangling from my hands, I made it just in time to catch my flight home. It was a frantic and stressful two days, but hopefully it will all pay off when I find out if I got in or not next week!

(American Airlines. Web Source: Wikipedia)


No comments:

Post a Comment