Sunday, October 5, 2014

Reading Diary Assessment Post

Overall, I think that these reading diary posts have been far more beneficial to my learning style than what was in place in this class beforehand in the form of quizzes. I believe that classes like this one that are so reading intensive benefit people in different ways. What you get out of a story may not be the same lesson that I learn from it. That makes the reading diary a lot more relaxes of an assignment. It makes me concentrate more on what the story is telling me rather than what information bits I think that I should memorize in order to do well on your quiz and then forgetting about the rest of the information. When I write my diary posts, I try to concentrate on the specific aspects of the stories that stick out to me such as what the more lesson was or how I felt after reading a particular story. I think that this gives more a better idea of the writing style of each particular country. Another thing that I like to do while reading, it start to visualize what I would change about the story in order to transform it into my own storytelling post. When I come up with a good idea, I add it to my reading diary so that the next day when I write the storytelling post, I do not forget what I wanted to write about. When I make my notes I based the reading writing order on the length of the story. If I think that it is going to be something long, then I will write my comments while I read. If it is short, than I prefer to read the entire story and then use my diary to express my reflections. I honestly could have done a bit better of a job of this the past couple of weeks, but I had five exams within ten days, so I got a little distracted from putting my whole effort into this course.

No comments:

Post a Comment